Sources of support in your training
Trainees may require extra support due to performance, sickness or family circumstances. A trainee is recognised as having additional learning needs where an ARCP has agreed the requirement of focused training or additional training time. The support is offered through the network of local educationalists. In the first instance you should contact your Educational Supervisor or Programme Director, who may well liaise with your Patch Associate Director for further advice.
Trainees on Extension
There are different rules and advice given to trainees who are awarded an extension of training at an ARCP panel.
- The Doctor's Communication Handbook; Peter Tate
- The Trainee's Companion to General Practice; Rosenthal, Naish and Lloyd
Chapter by Dick Savage "Communication in practice"
- The Inner Consultation; Roger Neighbour
- Doctors Talking to Patients; Patrick Byrne and Barrie Long
- Family Medicine; FJA Huygen and To Heal or to Harm; Richard Grol
- Problems with patients: managing complicated transactions. Norton, K. and Smith, S. Cambridge University Press, 1994.pp. 1-174
- A Long Walk Home; Rachel Clark
- Reflective Practice; Gillie Bolton