GP Educational Supervisor Course
- Provided by Multiprofessional Faculty Development, HEE
- Free to attend
- Time commitment: Six 2.5 hour online sessions with additional online reading
- Audience: GPs, Uni-Professional.
This course is mandatory for GPs who wish to become Trainers (educational supervisors) for GP Specialty Trainees in London.
Programme: This course will cover:
- Competency based medical education and its alternatives
- GP training-specific workplace-based assessment
- Educational supervision and ePortfolio
- Reflective practice
- Managing trainees in need of additional support
Eligibility: To be eligible to book on the course participants:
1. Must be in a substantive GP post
2. Must be able to attend all six sessions of the same course
3. Should be able to train GP specialty trainees within 2 years
4. Must be a member of a GP Trainer Workshop
5. Must have MRCGP - this is mandatory for all GP Trainers. GPs who qualified after 2006 would have undertaken the compulsory MRCGP examination. If you qualified before this time, then you will need to seek MRCGP via the Royal College’s ‘MAP’ (Membership by Assessment of Performance) route. Click here for further details.
In addition to the above, you will be asked to submit evidence that, prior to the course, you have:
• completed an approved introduction to workplace learning and supervision course
• completed a postgraduate certificate in medical education
• previously attended both an ITTPC Course and F2 Workshop
• already been approved as a clinical supervisor.
To receive further information about the course and how to book a place please contact firstname.lastname@example.org